************* PLEASE READ THIS IN ITS ENTIRETY *****************
The coronavirus outbreak is on everyone’s mind. Your Shepherds at Hilldale have been discussing appropriate measures to take to help keep the church safe during the coming weeks as containment of the virus is being attempted. We would like to share with you some of the recommendations and plans that we plan to follow in our gatherings. They are, in no particular order, as follows:
If any of the following conditions or situations apply to you:
- If you have been told you have the coronavirus
- Those who are sick with a sore throat, fever, chills, cough, due to short term illness or body aches
- If you have gastrointestinal flu, vomiting or diarrhea
- If you have a chronic illness, especially respiratory e.g. COPD, moderate to severe asthma
- If you are under treatment for cancer and are receiving medication that has you immune-compromised
- If you are receiving Oral or IV Steroid treatment e.g. Prednisone, Prednisolone, Medrol – Dose Pack
- If you have been told that you are neutropenic (low white cell count)
- If you have been recently hospitalized due to metabolic disease, renal or liver disease
- If you have been told by your physician or practitioner that you should avoid crowds due to your illness
then you should, stay at home and join the services on Livestream via the church website hilldalecc.org or Facebook
This list is not entirely exhaustive.
Remember that there is work of the church that counts on your sacrificial giving even though you are not here for worship.
You may mail your contribution, by check, to the church.
Here are a few things we hope to do to minimize spread of any communicable illness such as the flu, cold or coronavirus:
- Follow good handwashing for 20 seconds with warm water at all times – especially if you cough or sneeze on your hands, use the restroom
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue (dispose of it properly – do not drop on floor or leave in pews) or into your sleeve
- Avoid handshakes, hugs, fist bumps or elbow bumps (remember they just coughed or sneezed on their sleeve)
- Have doormen to hold doors open
- We will temporarily put door stops in all high traffic areas to help everyone avoid doorknobs & breaker bars
- Have the servers wear gloves and carry a wipe to periodically wipe the communion trays
- Move to the individual servings of bread (“chicklets”) no Matzo(cracker) bread
- Thorough washing and cleaning of communion trays, with spacing of communion cups to avoid inadvertent contamination
- We have ordered 2000 individual communion sets for future use (if it comes to that)
- Ask that you bring a plastic grocery bag to put at a collection point at the main entrances. These will be used to take up communion cups.
As you know, hand sanitizer, wipes, and toilet paper are all in short supply. If you have any that you wish to donate to the common use of the church, please do so.
We hope this helps you be more comfortable with our response. Please continue to pray that God will abate this disease. Pray for and love one another.
P.S. More information may be found here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/share-facts.html